Regulatory Compliance Representative Job
Date: Mar 8, 2014
Location: Houston, TX, US
Req ID: 2261
This position will report to the Gulf of Mexico Asset Manager in Houston and will be responsible for regulatory compliance for the Gulf of Mexico Asset. This position will be located in Houston, Texas.
Marathon maintains production operations in the off-shore Gulf of Mexico and has an active exploration program. The successful candidate will be charged with providing regulatory support to assist the Asset Team in complying with federal, state and local regulations. The candidate will work closely with management, operations and other professionals to clearly define regulatory issues and develop solutions. The Regulatory Compliance professional must be able to effectively interact with agency representatives to secure permits and resolve compliance issues. Experience with drilling, completions and producing asset regulatory permits is preferred.
• Responsible for providing regulatory compliance support to the Gulf of Mexico Asset Team.
• Responsible for preparation and submittal of drilling permits, completion reports, injection well permits, waiver requests, and required work reports to regulatory agencies in assigned operating area.
• Close interaction with professionals in land, drilling and completions, HES, exploration, and asset teams will be essential to secure the necessary data and exhibits.
• Responsible for compilation of various other required regulatory submittals. This requirement can include filings related to bonding, production disposition, commingling, road usage, county permits, annual submittals, well integrity testing, notice of violations, etc.
• Monitor status of regulatory submittals and follow up with regulatory agencies to ensure timely submittals and approvals.
• Responsible for the evaluation of regulatory compliance issues in new and existing operating areas as well as assisting in the development of compliance systems/documents to ensure ongoing compliance and communication of issues to relevant internal stakeholders as needed.
• Responsible for understanding current regulations and tracking proposed regulations; identify potential impacts to Gulf of Mexico asset and operations.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships to help ensure that Marathon lives its values with key stakeholders, including internal team members, corporate HES, contract companies, regulatory agencies and members of the public.
• Participate in Gulf of Mexico asset and operations meetings.
• Degree: High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Work Experience: 5+ years preferred.
• Experience with off-shore oil and gas upstream regulatory compliance and a general knowledge of upstream oil and gas operations.
• Computer Proficiencies: Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, etc.; Adobe Acrobat
• Minimal travel may be required to the Lafayette office to support Operations
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || Texas || United States (US) || 2766; 2768; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations; Health, Environment, Safety and Security ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segments: Compliance, Regulatory Affairs, Law, ERP, Legal, Technology
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.